Saturday, May 12, 2012

mother's day


I always dreamed of being a mother.  I thought I wanted 4 kids, 2 boys and 2 girls.  I swore I would find a cool car to put them in, not a minivan.  I believed I would have everything figured out and my children would always be the best behaved.  Truth is I had absolutely NO clue the joys of motherhood.
  
The anticipation of my love for my girls was blown away as soon as I laid eyes on them.  They are perfectly made to be my daughters.  They challenge me in ways I never knew I could be pushed.  They have me singing and dancing in ways I never would admit I had the talent to do.  They having me reading so many parenting books that I think I've exceeded any other type of book I've read in my life.  They have me on my knees constantly praying for their hearts to love our maker, their protection, their purity and good health.  They give me joy that I didn't know existed.  They can change my bad mood with an arm stretched hug or a "mama it's ok". They have shown me what faith like a child means. 

They make me smile with tears in my eyes that they are mine.  

I am amazed that God trusted me and Noah with these cupcakes.  Truly thankful I get to be their mama. 




1 comment: